First Try on Hair Removal with SkinStation

I'm used to different types of facial treatments, from regular ones to diamond peel; and even those with acne treatments. But when SkinStaion's invitation to try their Soprano Diode treatment hair removal service came into my inbox, it hair-tickled my curiosity. :)

I'm not a 'hairy' person myself with only a soft beard and dash of goatee so hair removal treatments not that relevant to me. However, it's a different story for the women in the Philippines who value a hairless, soft, and smooth skin in almost all parts of their body.

There are two major things that I got from this recent experience:

1) I Learned A Lot about Hair Removal

Right after lunch, a brief talk about the nature of body hair was discussed by the poeple from SkinStation and these are just some of what I learned about the nature of hair:
  • Hair follicles are sensitive to heat
  • The basic theory of hair removal is heating up the hair bulb and eventually killing it.
  • Laser hair removal works better on darker hair shades (black vs blondes)
  • Hair removal treatments are most effective only for hairs in the anagen phase which is regularly 10-15% only of our total hair
The fourth statement explains why multiple sessions are needed in hair removal procedures. Customers should come back next when new set of hair are in anagen phase which are usually replenished 4 to 8 weeks depending on the body part.
 
 

2) I Tried Hair Removal for the First Time

I honestly didn't have any plans of getting any of my hair from any part of my body removed. I am at peace with all my hair in my body, you might say. :) I intend to continue maintaining some mustache and a goatee as part of my facial landscape.

But for the sake of trying and experiencing it myself, I remembered that in shaving / forming my goatee, I always remove the hair on the lower part of my chin running towards the neck. So I thought why not get rid of that part which I always remove; and hence the photos below.
Cosmo Manila undergoing a minor surgery Soprano Diode Laser hair removal treatment
So How is this Different from Other Hair Removal Treatments?
So here's the good news. From my limited knowledge and basic understanding on hair sciences, SkinStation's specific laser technology used in my treatment is called the Soprano Accord from Alma Lasers. It's basically the first and only diode laser hair removal in the country today as they claim.
 
 
 

But Laser Hair Reomval is Not New?

That's right, but this one uses diode which emits 'smaller' but 'more' shots of laser which virtually makes it painless compared to other hair removal treatments. SkinStation call it "cumulative" energy or the "SHR theory" which penetrates deeper with 'low peak' energy and less epidermal trauma without the burn, pain, anesthesia, nor use of ice.
 
 
Companion Mom Blogger undergoing the same hair removal treatment on the upper lip
And so, based on my own experience, I felt no pain at all. And instead of heat, I felt cold. This was partially due to the cool gel applied on the skin target area during the procedure which lasted 90 seconds. Length of exposure is dependent of skin area.
SkinStation
So if you are interested, SkinStation said that the Soprano Diode Laser hair removal system is intended for use for all skin types and is FDA approved. It can be applied to different parts of the body but they discourage it for the eyebrow and the hair scalp. Yes, you can have your Brazilian or Boyzilian treatments. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
MTV-UK-cosmomanila © 2010 | Designed by Chica Blogger | Back to top